Tuesday, June 23, 2009

MAC Survey

I saw this on http://www.abrilliantbrunette.com/(who is amazingly gorgeous and talented BTW) and thought it would be fun to do too :)
Maybe even helpful to some? Feel free to ask any questions about my answers and to do the survey yourself! :)


How long have you been using MAC?
Since 2007. I remember seeing the Barbie collection at my counter a couple of months before I started buying MAC. The first collection I remember getting anything from was C-Shock.

What was your first MAC product?
Parfait Amour eyeshadow. I still love it and use it quite a bit! I know some people don't like the color pay-off but I think it's a brilliant eyeshadow.

What's your all time favourite MAC product?
Pigments - no doubt!

What's your least favourite MAC product?
Hmm... Zoomlash. I don't have the patience to work with it and it doesn't want to work with me. I do like some of the other mascaras though!

Do you own a Pro Card?
Nope, no PRO card, but I do have a Staff card! ;)

Your MAC foundation shade?]
That's a fun one since I'm pretty much different shades in every foundation, haha :P
Studio Fix powder: NW15
Studio Fix Fluid: Too dark in NW and too yellow in NC
Select Tint: It can work in NW20 but it doesn't look good. I wish it did though. It's a nice and easy foundation.
Studio Tech: NW15
Studio Stick: NW15
Moisturelend: Too dark in NW20 and too yellow in NC20
Select SPF: Too dark in NW and too yellow in NC.
Hyperreal: NC100
Studio Sculpt: NC15
Mineralize Satinfinish: Too dark in NW and too yellow in NC
I really just need a foundation that's pale and doesn't have too much yellow in it ;)

What's your favourite MAC foundation?
Hmm. That's a hard one. Studio Tech pretty much always looks good when I use it :)

Blusher:
Style for something peachy, Pink Swoon for a pink and Breezy for a more red, I think. I really love Tippy from the Hello Kitty collection too.

Powder:
MSF natural when I'm using it to set foundation. Studio Fix if I'm using it on its own.

Eyeshadow:
That's SO hard! My favorite finishes are the Veluxe pearl and Matte2. But I do love using pigments as eyeshadows as well.
Let's say Chrome Yellow! It's fun, bright and I've actually never seen a matte yellow like it.

Lipstick:
Another hard one ;)
Show Orchid is an amazing ping so I'll have to go with that ;)

Lipgloss:
Palatian lustreglass and Comet Blue dazzleglass because they are both really unique. I love Funtabulous dazzleglass from the perm. line.

Liner:
I just love fluidlines and liquidlastliners. My favorites are Blacktrack f/l and Aqualine lll.

Brush:
217! I can do an entire eye look with just that one brush! And it's great for concealer as well. Don't use the same 217 for both eyeshadow and concealer without washing it, obviously :P

Nail Laquer:
I'm not a huge fan of paying that much for nail polish. But I love Varicose Violet from the Dame Edna collection and I like Nightfall.

Pro Product:
PIGMENTSSSSS! <3 And Chromalines! And bright eyeshadows! Oh, I'm just a fan of PRO products in general, haha :D

Comment on the following MAC product; Have you used them? If so, give feedback.

Prep & Prime Skin:
I like it but I'd rather use the Matte texture cream as primer.

Full Coverage Foundation:
Haven't tried it.

Studio Sculpt Foundation:
I really like it! I've seen mixed reviews on it on the makeup forums on the net but it has looked really pretty on everyone I've put it on.
It does feel very different from other foundations and it takes some time to set, but once it does, I love it :)
Favorite brush with it: 109 or fingers ;)

Face & Body Foundation:
Haven't used it.

Mineralize Satin Finish Foundation:
I haven't used it on myself since there isn't a color for me.
It doesn't give much coverage but it's really really nice for adding a bit of a healthy glow to already good skin.
Favorite brush with it: 109

Studio Fix Fluid:
I haven't used it on myself since there isn't a color for me.
I like to use it on other people but you need to know what you're doing when using this foundation! It's really pretty if you use the right brush for it and don't use too much, but if you cake it on it's going to look... Well... Cakey!
Favorite brush with it: 187

Hyper Real Foundation:
I just found out that I can actually use the NC100 without looking yellow, yay! :)
It's really nice. I guess the closest foundation would be the Mineralized Satinfinish (since they both give a glow) but in my experience this covers a little more and looks more glowy. Not sparkly or glittery though!
I think it's really sad that they have made this pro only/DC'ed many of the shades!
Favorite brush with it: 109

Select SPF15 Foundation:
I haven't used it on myself since there isn't a color for me.
It's nice but not that special IMO.

Studio Tech Foundation:
Lovely! Really nice coverage without looking cakey - if you use it right, that is. I dislike the sponge that it comes with but like using the 190 brush with it. Not the 109 or the 187.. 190! :)

Studio Fix Powder:
I love using this for when I'm too lazy to wear liquid foundation. A bit heavy to use to set foundation though.

Studio Stick:
I like it. It works for me but it doesn't look amazing. It's quite easy to both build or sheer down though so that's nice.

Hyper Real Pressed Foundation:
Haven't tried it.

Beauty Powder:
I don't really know. I like the more pigmented ones like Alphagirl or the ones from A Rose Romance but if you're much darker than me you really don't get much color out of them.
They do apply really smoothly though, and I love that ;)

Sculpt and Shape Powders:
I actually haven't tried them :o

Loose Blot Powder:
I really don't usually like loose powders in general - they're too messy for me to bother with.
Haven't used it on myself.
Works well on others though.

Pressed Blot Powder:
Haven't used it on myself.
Works well on others though.

Mineralize Skinfinish Natural:
Ohhh, I like it! :) My favorite powder to use for setting foundation :) Not the loose one though. It gives too much coverage to use on top of foundation IMO.

Mineralize Skinfinish:
I think it's an amazing product but it's a bit hyped.
Yes, the colours are super pretty and they really do make your skin look glowy! But paying $100 for ONE?! I don't think so ;)
Many of them look the same on the skin too. Yes, nice effect but not much colour.

Bronzing Powder:
I'm just not a fan of bronzing powders in general so I'm a bit biased ;)

Powder Blush:
Love them! Pigmented enough to build but also easy to blend.

Blushcreme:
I really like these too! But I haven't tried creme blushes from other brands so I really can't compare.
I do love the dewy look they give and they work amazing under powder blushes or on people with dry skin.

Mineralize Blush:
I like them. To me, they're just a powder blush with more glitter ;)

Gel Blush:
One of my favorites! I wish they would release more colours!
It's soooo easy to work with and I love it when I have to take makeup with me since there's no brush required ;) It looks pretty on the lips as well ;)

Cream Colour Base:
It took me a while to figure these out.
The light ones like Pearl, Hush, Luna and Shell are my favorite products for highlighting.
Colours like Fabulush, Fuchsia Perfect and Virgin Isle make pretty blushes.
And they all make great bases for eyeshadows as long as you know how to use them.

Studio Sculpt Concealer:
I like it but I don't use it often.

Select Cover Up Concealer:
Never used it on myself.
It's nice on others though. Really easy to blend and gives nice coverage for a liquid concealer.

Select Moisturecover Concealer:
I like the way this feels and blends. Lovely for the under eye area.

Studio Finish Concealer:
I don't actually use concealer except for my brows but Studio Finish is definitely amazing. My favorite concealer ever.

Studio Stick:
Never used it on myself.

Lip Erase:
Haven't tried it.

Tinted Lip Conditioner:
Lovely product for when you want a little bit of colour and want to moisturize your lips at the same time. I love, love, love the smell too!

Lipstick:
MAC makes my absolute favorite lipsticks. There really is a color and formula for anyone too :)

Lipgloss:
They are a bit sticky but also last really well compared to other lipglosses. Oh, and the colour goes on nice and smooth :)

See Thru Lip Colour:
Hmm... Idk... I usually like a bit more colour or moisture on my lips.
However, it's great for those who like a little colour but don't like the feel of product on their lips.

Dazzleglass:
I love, love, love the way dazzleglasses look! They're my favorite gloss for layering over lipsticks! They are super expensive for the amount of product you get though.

Cremesheen Glass:
I didn't care about these at first because the colors are pretty sheer but they feel amazing on the lips! They look super creamy and glossy but without the sticky feeling at all. These are also expensive for the amount of product you get though.

Lip Gelee:
I like them but don't wear them much myself. Too sheer for me, most of the time.
They are nice and glossy without the sticky feeling though.

Lip Pencil:
I like them. Not too different from other brands though.

Solar Bits:
I like them - you just need to know how to work with them.

Nail Lacquer:
They are fine, but I kinda hate spending so much on nail polish :/ I'll buy the more unique colors that come out once in a while but otherwise I don't buy them.

Shadestick:
I don't know. There used to be so many pretty colors and they worked really well as bases. I had to use another primer underneath or else they would crease on my oily lids.

Paint:
These are truly longlasting and I think it's the best product for eye priming that MAC has. Too bad they have DC'd all the fun colors!

Paint Pots:
Good primers for people with more dry lids but they don't last a whole day on me. The colorful ones are nice bases though! I prefer these over shadesticks.

Eyeshadow:
So many different colors and finishes to choose from! My favorite brand of eyeshadow - no doubt. I also like Ben Nye for bright colors and I thought I'd love Makeup Forever for mattes but I only have the #92 and it always stains my lids really bad. I'm always pink after using it, haha :P

Pigment:
My favorite, favorite MAC product! Not much more to say about that ;)

Glitter:
I love, love, love, love, love glitters! I especially like the Reflects glitters. They're the most unique IMO.

Eye Kohl:
I like them for smudged eyeliner. I don't use them on the waterline often since fluidliner lasts longer on me.

Chromaline:
So bright and pretty! More opaque than paint pots and not as creamy as fluidliners = the perfect product to use as both bases and eyeliner!

Liquid Last Liner:
Love the colors and lasting power!
Yes, it takes a bit of work to get used to them but once you do you'll love them :)

Lustre Drops:
I didn't like them at first but I fell in love when I tried them! Sun Rush gives me such a pretty, healthy glow when applied to my cheeks. And without looking too much like fake-tan on my pale skin ;)

False Lashes:
I really like them, but I wish they made some crazy, colourful ones too. Also, they're a bit expensive.

ProLash Mascara:
It's good but I like Pro Longlash better since I like length.

Zoomlash:
No go. I just can't get it to work for me. It just... Clumps!

Plush Lash Mascara:
It's good but once again, I really prefer mascaras that give a bit of length too.

Fibre Rich Lash Mascara:
I like it. It's very buildable but it takes a bit of work.

Dazzle Lash Mascara:
I didn't like it at first but now I love it. It just doesn't clump!

What has been your favourite MAC collection to date?
C-Shock and Hello Kitty! :) I wish I had been into MAC when Barbie came out too!

Which MAC collection in your opinion do you think was disappointing, if any?
There are usually products I love and products I hate in every collection. I only wish that MAC would focus more on quality instead of quantity when it comes to collections.

What products do you think MAC are missing?
All the colorful stuff they've been DC'ing lately! All the paints, eyeshadows, fluidliners... You get the idea ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails