Sunday, May 9, 2010

Zoffe's favorites: April '10



As with everything else I have going on at the moment, this post is super late ;)
And, as always, I'm sorry.
But! Even though it's now May 9th, I still wanted to share my April favorites with you!





MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation + Prep+Prime powder


Studio Fix Fluid gives amazing coverage and since it isn't oil based, like most foundations, I think it lasts really well even on oily skin. The lightest color (NC15) is still a bit on the yellow side for me, but it works and I've been using it soooo much since it's such an easy foundation to get amazing coverage with - even if I'm in a hurry in the morning ;)
My favorite brush to use with it is the MAC 131. It was limited edition but it's coming back with the To The Beach collection :)
My favorite powder to use with it is the Prep+Prime transparent finishing powder, which just might be my favorite powder in general! It's translucent, so it doesn't cover at all, but it's super smooth and works really well for setting the foundation without making it look too dry and powdery.
I think it's an amazing powder for people with more dry skin as well! :)

MAC Impeccable Brow Pencil


I'm usually not a fan of super defined brows. Don't get me wrong, I do love the way it looks with certain types of makeup, but I'm just too lazy to deal with using several different products on my brows, and I'd rather just use something that's quick, easy and natural looking.
The MAC Impeccable Brow Pencil works extremely well for just that!
It isn't too pigmented so it's really easy to define your brows without having them look like they were painted on! Love :)

MAC Shell Pearl beauty powder (LE)


I've talked about this before, but I think it has to be mentioned in my favorites of the month!
It's just such a great product to use for giving my skin a nice glow and adding a subtle color to my cheeks.

Fyrinnae Shadows + Pixie Epoxy


If you haven't noticed, I'm going a little crazy over the Fyrinnae products that I've gotten! ;)
I think they make some quite amazing, and mostly very unique eyeshadows! There are some great duochrome colors, some great brights and some great sparkly colors. All of them are gorgeous and I can't wait for my next order to get here :)
I think the Pixie Epoxy has won me over too! It's amazing how much of a difference it makes when working with sparkley shadows!


Sugarpill Decora loose shadow


Even though Fyrinnae is what I'm most excited about at the moment, I haven't forgotten about Sugarpill. I'm still loving everything, but the one product that I've been loving the most is the loose shadow called Decora.
It's a pink with a subtle green shimmer that's extremely pretty and quite unique.
When used on top of the Pixie Epoxy, the sparkle is more noticeable and really pretty :)


OCC RX Lip Tar


I talk quite a lot about this product in the video.
I'm just loving how fun this color is, and even though I haven't worn it out yet, I totally would ;)
If you're not into blue lips, this is still a great color to have for mixing purposes. It works really well mixed with reds and pinks to make all sorts of purple-y shades :)

MAC Bling Black glimmerglass (LE)


I've really re-discovered this product this month :)
It looks quite intimidating in the tube, but it's actually VERY wearable! It can be used on its own or on top of all sorts of different lip products.

TiGi Rockaholic Rock Out Shine Blaster


I just use a super small amount of this in my hair after blow drying it, and it makes my hair super shiny and soft.
I adore the smell of this (though I can't describe it) but if you're sensitive to smells I'd definitely not get this.


The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Shower Gel


This is super yummy! It smells really fresh and citrus-y so it's great for waking you up in the morning, but the smell is still sweet enough that I like it ;)
I have a love for sweet smells in general :)
I also really like the consistency of this shower gel compared to some of the others I've tried from The Body Shop. It's a bit thicker than some of the others, and since I don't really like runny shower gels, I like this one ;)


China Glaze Kiwi Cool-Ada and Flip Flop Fantasy


As I've mentioned a thousand times already, I really love the colors from the China Glaze Poolside collection! I'm just really into neon nail polish at the moment!
The green one from the collection, Kiwi Cool-Ada, is just so bright and pretty and I was really surprised at how much I liked Flip Flop Fantasy too! It's probably the most neon one out of the whole collection.


Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Eau de Parfum


Yummy, yummy, yummy!!
I mentioned it already, but I'm going to say it again: I love sweet smells and it goes for my perfumes too.
I just got this perfume this month and am really glad I did! The scent is really lovely and I like how it's sweet but not overpowering.
The bottle is super cute as well! Sure, it's a bit tacky, but that's actually what I love about it, haha :)



And that's about it! :)


Comment time!
  • Did you have any favorites this month?
  • Did you get something new that you're loving?
  • Did you rediscover some of your old favorites?
  • Have you tried any of the products I mentioned? And if so, how did you like them?
Hope you're all doing well <3 :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails