Thursday, March 31, 2011

New crackle polishes from Depend: Cracked Effect!


I'll admit that I have absolutely no idea when these crackle polishes from Depend came out, but I just found them at a shop today and acted all too crazy and excited ;)

I got a blue(5002), a red(5004), a pink(5003) and a white(5000).
I saw a purple one at the shop as well, but I didn't get it - mostly because it looked more like a dark purple than a super bright one, which is what I would have preferred :P





Left to right: Depend Cracked Effect 5000, Depend Cracked Effect 5002, Depend Cracked Effect 5003
All used on top of China Glaze For Audrey

I'm sorry I don't have a swatch of the red, but I figured it'd be ugly on top of the light blue polish I had on, haha! :P

What's crackle polish?
If you've been living under a rock for the past few months, crackle polish is a type of polish that cracks/"crackles" when it dries, which makes it look awesome on top of other colors, since the color you use as a base will peek through the cracks in the crackle polish.

Different crackle effects
The cracks in the polish will be different depending on how thick a layer you apply and in which direction you apply it.
A thick layer will result in wider cracks, but a thin layer will give you finer cracks.
If you look at the nail that I used the white crackle polish on, you can see that I only applied a thin layer on the sides of the nail, but accidentally applied a thick layer in the middle which gives quite a different effect as a result.
I applied the crackle polish like I would have applied a normal polish, but if you apply it in a different direction (like zig-zag, for example), you'll get a different pattern in the cracks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails